How to Best Clean Your Vinyl Flooring
Vinyl tiles and laminates look very attractive and hence have become one of the most popular materials used for flooring today. Other great qualities that make them so much in demand include durability and affordability. Maintaining and cleaning vinyl tile flooring is pretty simple and inexpensive as well; with minimal effort you can take proper care of it. In this blog, Olympia Floors provides you with all the information on how to best clean your vinyl tiles. Simply go through the tips below to master it.
- You should always first vacuum or dry mop the floor in order to remove dirt, dust and hair particles from the floor surface. Only then can you choose to indulge in wet cleaning.
- You should know that apple cider vinegar is one of the best cleansers for vinyl flooring. The acidity in the vinegar helps get rid of all the grime and dust without leaving a buildup of soap, wax or detergent. You’re probably thinking about how it is applied and used. Well, simply mix one cup of cider vinegar with a gallon of hot water and use a damp mop to clean your vinyl tile flooring. Be sure to also rinse out the mop frequently with hot water. If the floor is very dirty, then add a few drops of liquid dishwashing soap to the apple cider vinegar and hot water mixture before mopping. Including a few drops of baby oil into the mixture of vinegar and water will make your vinyl floor shiny.
- In case of stubborn scuffs, you should put some WD-40 lubricant or jojoba oil on a rag or towel and rub the affected area(s) until the scuffs disappear. You should then thoroughly clean the floor with the water and vinegar mixture to remove any traces of the lubrication.
- In order to remove food stains from the floor such as mustard, ketchup, grape juice, tomato sauce, etc., you need to make a paste of baking soda with water. You then gently rub the paste on the stain until it is removed. Afterward, you should properly rinse the floor so that there are no traces of the baking soda paste.
- You should use a soft nylon-bristle brush to remove many types of stains when used with common household solvents. To remove lipstick, hair dye and ink stains, you can run alcohol on the floors. You can also use mineral spirits to remove paint, crayon and marker stains.
Olympia Floors truly hopes that this information provided has been of great use to you. Always incorporate these steps and you’ll be able to maintain your vinyl floors with ease. You should also remember that you can always count on Olympia Floors for every one of your flooring needs whenever you want reliable flooring service providers of the highest quality at minimum cost to you. Olympia Floors in Chicago offers the very best world-class flooring services at a pocket-friendly price. Whether it’s marble or vinyl tiles, we are here to meet all your flooring requirements.