Know all about the best hardwood floor materials
Wooden floors add a classy look to the interior decor of your house. Installing hardwood floors is also considered a wise investment as it increases the overall value of the house and when properly and timely maintained, hardwood floors last many decades. There are now a wide variety of options available for wooden flooring. It is advisable to know all the details about these wooden flooring options before choosing any one of them. In this blog, we cover all the necessary information related to this topic to answer your questions and end your uncertainties.
Variety of Wooden Floor Materials
- Oak – This is one of the most popular types of wood used for flooring today. Oak wood is well known for its durability and is the more affordable of the rest of the hardwood options. When properly maintained, floors made of oak wood can last nearly a century. Oak wood floorings are also available in numerous color variants such as classic yellowish-brown, hue similar to redwood, whitish-grey, etc.
- Maple – Maple is another type of wood that is used for flooring. This is very popular in hilly areas. The color of maple wood is relatively lighter than that of oak. Maple wood is also used to make hard basketball court and gym flooring, which tells you of its durability.
- Hickory – When deciding to install a floor made of hardwood, then hickory should be your first choice, for it is very resistant to dents and scratches as well. Hickory is fairly inexpensive when compared to the price of oak or maple floorings.
- Brazillian Cherry – This is one of the hardest types of wood available on the market for flooring. When properly maintained, floors made of Brazilian cherry wood can outlast the house itself.
- Bamboo – Though bamboo belongs to the grass family it is often considered an option for flooring. Bamboos can grow and garner their sustainability within a span of 3 to 5 years, which is much less if compared with the other types of woods. The floors made of bamboo have a striking color and also texture and design similar to that of other hardwoods. Though people often doubt the sustainability and longevity of bamboo as a flooring option, it is known to last for almost 25 years.
The foregoing information empowers you with enough knowledge on the subject to have a clear idea of which option best suits all your hardwood flooring requirements and expectations. If you are looking for flooring services in or around Chicago, Olympia Floors is the one you should rely on to satisfactorily fulfill all your flooring demands. We have been in the flooring industry for quite a long time and are completely equipped and adept at providing effective solutions for all your flooring needs, from start to finish, at an affordable price. To know more about the superior services offered by Olympia Floors, you can visit our website or contact us directly. We are here to serve you and always aim to please!