Know about the best options for kitchen flooring
Kitchen is a very special part of your house. A good meal can lift up the mood of your family members and kitchen is the place where the food is prepared. Therefore, a lot actually happens in the kitchen. It is due to this reason that special emphasis is laid on how to make the interiors of your kitchen look out of the world. Going through this blog will help you to gain you a clear idea about the various flooring options that can be installed in your kitchen. Balancing style, comfort and function are the three major factors that can be helpful to make the correct decision in case of the flooring installation for kitchen. Not every material is best suited for this part of your house as it goes through a lot i.e spills, drips, dropped utensils and constant plodding of feet etc. Therefore, give the pointers below a diligent read and choose the perfect option.
- Ceramic Tile – This one of the most commonly used materials for kitchen flooring. It is made of natural clay and is available in various colours, shapes, patterns and textures. These tiles are resistant to breakage, heat, stain etc. These ceramic tiles are very hard and it can be a cold building material underfoot. To avoid such circumstances you can install a radiant heating system beneath the tiles.
- Bamboo – Bamboo is another option which is used a lot when it comes to kitchen flooring. They are harder if compared with actual hardwood. The entire process of manufacturing makes bamboo resistant to water damage and moisture. Therefore, it has emerged out to be one of the most popular options due to affordability, durability and good looks.
- Hardwood – Installing hardwood in the kitchen gives it a classy look. Though in the beginning hardwood was considered to be a bad choice for kitchens and washrooms, now with the advent of new technology hardwood has gone through an evolution in terms of kitchen flooring.
- Vinyl – Vinyl is another very common and perfect kitchen flooring solution. The floors made of this material can be easily cleaned and are also resistant to stains and other damages related to the kitchen. If maintained properly the vinyl floors in the kitchen are expected to last for a span of 20 years.
- Linoleum – This has been a popular material used for kitchen flooring for quite a long period of time. As the name suggests, this material is made from linseed oil and is absolutely environment-friendly. It is also very easy to clean and maintain.
We have provided you with the detailed information of all the flooring options for your kitchen. In case you stay in Chicago and are looking for flooring services nearby, don’t worry or hesitate and get in touch with Olympia Floors. We are a one-stop solution for all your flooring requirements. Contact our experts and avail quality and professional service like never before.